Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lesson #9 Autumn Equinox Hike at Bee Rock

Celebrating the turn of the year, change of the seasons, and our connection to nature is very important to our family. This year we spent most of the day with friends hiking around Bee Rock, climbing rocks, and frolicking in the sunshine. It was fantastic weather, a truly great day for a hike. We finished up the day with a pot luck, celebrating the turn of Autumn with great food! This is my favorite time of year, although I dread winter. Evie LOVES winter, we certainly differ when it comes to seasons. I love the heat, but nothing smells, sounds, or "taste" quite like Autumn and all the great things that come with it...like fire pits and Halloween!


Bee Rock
Friends



Evie after triumphantly braving a HUGE rock 
Her  face was hot...but the water was FREEZING!
Evie and Friends, I hate Evie has her eyes closed, but I love the sky above them.

No comments:

Post a Comment