Friday, September 21, 2012

Lesson #7 JB Speed Art Museum and 21c Museum hotel

Last week our family, some homeschool buddies, and a friend who is thinking of homeschooling her young son went on a trip to the JB Speed Art Museum in Louisville KY. The Speed is closing for three years for a 60Million$ renovation and we thought we would visit before they closed. There were some great pieces to see, but in all actuality we were disappointed, as several pieces and the whole bottom gallery were already closed! My favorite piece the museum owns is a Mark Chagall painting and I was very sad not to get to see it. We also went to the 21c Museum hotel to view their art gallery, it was so much fun! FUN ART is sometimes the best. Around the hotel was also the Louisville slugger factory, which was fun to watch them make bats through the window. All in all a fun trip with my daughter, hubby, and great friends.

Beatles Fans! Jess and Charlie, Evie and I at the JB Speed

Evie center, with Alex and Shad-catching letters, making words at 21c Museum Hotel

Charlie and I playing in the Art Sparks children's area at the Speed. We all played in this super fun area, my favorite for the day! I seriously want one at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment