Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lesson #3 Making the best of what you have/ Room De-Cluttered and Re-Done

For the last week, eight days to be exact my daughter, a friend who helped for a few days, and myself have been working on my daughters room. She decided it seriously needed cleaning and re-doing as she was not happy in it. I have been there as a teen, my last room at home was all pink! As an adult I hate pink to this day! So without any help from me my daughter began the cleaning out/de-cluttering/trashing/donating/reorganizing process. Once that was done I helped her paint. The goal was to stay under 50$ in cost, we didn't make it there because we did buy a much needed new desk chair/sheets/and a shower curtain. I know we did manage to stay under 100$. She did use paint, material, other furniture, and decorative pieces that were free, found, and given to her. I am proud of her for tackling this project. She completely made the best of what was available, she never complained once, or asked for more than we were able/willing to spend. Her room looks great and she loves it! What a great way to start our first week of school. Although the before pics were taken during the chaos of cleaning it out, it really rarely looked much better.  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment