Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lesson #36 Completion of Easy Grammar Plus

I am including this in hopes to help some other struggling homeschool parent out there. We don't use a lot of pre-packaged curriculum. It just doesn't work for us that well. We use what we need, when we need it. The two subjects that we have consistently used curriculum for is Math and Grammar (Language Arts). Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic, important subjects to master, and as much as I like to eclectically school or unschool other subjects, I do not these. So from the beginning of our homeschooling life Grammar was the bane of our existence. Not to mention she hated to read ( I still just shudder when I think of that) thanks to her time going to school. I tried a few different curriculums including Saxon Grammar and Abeka,that was given to us. Neither worked, it was a battle, both of those curriculums where too rigorous for my reluctant child, nothing worked. It was like pulling teeth to get her to sit for five minutes to work on them, let alone for the time she actually needed to complete them, more like thirty plus minutes to complete the work. Then a wonderful, seasoned (17+ years) homeschooling mom suggested Easy Grammar....tada...it was perfect. I bought the Easy Grammar Plus, which is for 7th grade to adult. It is thick, and we have worked on it for 7th and 8th grade. Evie completed it this week. I can't tell you how many times she has actually told me that she uses what she has learned from her Grammar book while writing her own novel, and how helpful it has been. THAT is when a curriculum actually works!

No comments:

Post a Comment