Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lesson#40 April's Red Tent

April Red Tent was amazing, as always. We met at a members home, it was a beautiful day. It was great not to only have my daughter, but my friend Drew with me as well. Drew was going to be going through surgery the next day to have a ovary removed. It was the perfect time to be lifted up by the presence and spirit of all these beautiful caring women. We talked about many things, as a group of 20+ women can. Are topic of discussion was the sharing of our first menses cycle, the sharing of seeds and plants (or in my case eggs), and the sharing of gifts! Our own personal gifts, sometime it is hard for someone to find their gifts to share in this type of group. Those that aren't yogis, massage therapist, gardeners, ect. in our group. It has been a beautiful thing to watch some women realize that perhaps their gift is just to listen to others, share with others, and help them just relax. I shared some partner yoga for families and partners alike. Evie was my partner and demo girl. I could tell it made her very proud to be able to help show the poses, her self confidence was evident and that is always a beautiful thing. There were others sharing massage, garden tips, henna art, and other beautiful things with each other. Of course I don't have pics! I will do my best to remember to take some next month.

This is the actual description for this month....I love re-posting them!
"Spring is getting closer and it will be fun to share some plant starts or seeds with one another. I have many vegetables and herbs to share! What will you bring?
This meeting will you bring your stories of your first menses? Some will be joyful and some will not be. They will be different. If you had a celebration for your first "moon," please share with us. If you do not want to share that you can share something else or not at all. There is no obligation to speak. Listening is also just as good.
Bring your skills! As we learned last time, we are amongst amazing women. Bring massage, bring tarot cards, bring henna, bring herbal knowledge, bring songs to sing, bring your hands to help and you heart. We can set up and exchange with one another. This will be such a treat! Remember you do have skills and something to add to the group, even if all you have is just showing up."








No comments:

Post a Comment